[Spridgets] HD rocker shaft and grub screw location

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] HD rocker shaft and grub screw location
From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 13:48:01 -0700

--00000000000019cbe205bb3ddff2

I'm starting to assemble the rocker shaft for my new 948, and bought a
heavy duty rocker shaft to increase the longevity of the valve train.
Here's the issue, the new shaft has the large hole for the grub screw  in
the #2 pedestal position like the later 1275s do, but my #1 pedestal has
both the grub screw and the oil passage in it.
So, do I drill one of the other pedestals out for the oil passage and move
my old #1 to position 2 (which would be easiest), or do I drill and tap one
of the other pedestals for the grub screw and put a set screw into the
original #1 pedestal?
Either way, modifying the aluminum pedestal is way easier than trying to
drill a larger hole into the hardened shaft.
What say the spridgteers?
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--00000000000019cbe205bb3ddff2

new 948, and bought a heavy duty rocker shaft to increase the longevity of =
 large hole for the grub screw=C2=A0 in the #2 pedestal position like the l=
ater 1275s do, but my #1 pedestal has both the grub screw and the oil passa=
the oil passage and move my old #1 to position 2 (which would be easiest), =
or do I drill and tap one of the other pedestals for the grub screw and put=
 a set screw into the original #1 pedestal?</div><div>Either way, modifying=
 the=20
aluminum

pedestal is way easier than trying to drill a larger hole into the hardened=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=

--00000000000019cbe205bb3ddff2--

--===============8176596471027317953==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============8176596471027317953==--