Re: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal
From: David Ambrose via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:26:10 -0700

--------------A38F19D04398821D0112A0E5

I would get some good, oil-based or lacquer primer on them as soon as
you get them sandblasted. Follow that up with a couple coats of a good
oil-based enamel, and you should be good for a good long time.

On 9/10/2020 10:57 AM, Robert Weeks via Spridgets wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the
> Midget that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through.
>
> After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust
> proof them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the
> floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that
> nothing will totally stop rust, but what are the best products to help
> these last for as long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I
> was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now
> has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating products and I
> guess there is powdercoating but my wife might not like me suing our
> oven for that.
>
> In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is there any
> product or solution that is clearly better than the others?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/stargazer1@cox.net

--------------A38F19D04398821D0112A0E5

  <head>
  </head>
      soon as you get them sandblasted. Follow that up with a couple
      coats of a good oil-based enamel, and you should be good for a
      good long time. <br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CALFC2Z8x9i4oYb38KNj0YpTEU3VrcgBznfgC3KPn6n-rfatQdQ@mail.gmail.com">
          frames for the Midget that my son has been working on. The old
          ones were rusted through. <br>
          After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to
          rust proof them? Since the backs of the frames set basically
          against the floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rust
          through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what
          are the best products to help these last for as long as
          possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on
          cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a
          bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating products and
          I guess there is powdercoating but my wife might not like me
          suing our oven for that.<br>
          In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is
          there any product or solution that is clearly better than the
          others?<br>
          Thanks,<br>
          Robert</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">------------------------