[Spridgets] Just an update for the list

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Just an update for the list
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 21:27:58 +0100

--00000000000086544605a5dde29c

Hi List,

Nothing very exciting.  Changed the exhaust silencer (single RC40 back box)
yesterday.  The old box wasn't blowing but tatty and I 'life' them at 5
years and it was 6 years old.  The system pipe is a home made stainless
steel pipe with a mating flange added and it was trouble fitting it due to
my using a saddle clamp in the past and now using a Mikalor clamp.
Eventually everything went together ok.  Still, at some point in the future
I think I'll buy some new stainless steel tube and make a new system pipe.
Or maybe I'll get some Ti or inconconel tube, no, that's just a fantasy, it
will be stainless.

I adjusted the back brakes ready for an MOT that's still not happening, a
few weeks back and one of the nuts fastening the drum (car has wire wheels)
didn't go on that well and while I used a new nut it looked like the stud
threads were damaged.  I didn't like the look of any of the theads on the
studs and not sure if I've over tightened them in the past or had a rogue
nut going from stud to stud over time.  I decided to replace all 4 (but
purchased 5 studs).  The hub is a double bearing and I think the studs were
new when I made the swap from single bearing hubs (18+ years ago).  The hub
nut came off ok using the very rarely used and correct size Snap-on socket
and a breaker bar.  The studs took a bit of persuasion and if the threads
weren't already rubbish, could have been re-used.  The new studs took a bit
of persuasion to go in but did eventually.  Everything went back together
ok and I even had time for a test drive.

Four weeks since the Sprite was last driven or I drove (its my only car)
and everything felt good.  My new mirror bracket (same as the other one but
sticks out further) seems ok but the mirror pointed down a bit.  Ran the
car to one ten without trying to hard (it does one ten almost by accident)
but didn't want to go any quicker on a test drive and have the exhaust fall
off or anything.

Got back and washed it - dirt from January's necessary drive in the wet
(had to go to a funeral) finally washed off and put in the garage and
adjusted the mirror.  'Course the handbrake isn't quite right now and I'll
adjust that in a week or so's time.

Daniel (England)

--00000000000086544605a5dde29c

=A0 Changed the exhaust silencer (single RC40 back box) yesterday.=C2=A0 Th=
e old box wasn&#39;t blowing but tatty and I &#39;life&#39; them at 5 years=
 and it was 6 years old.=C2=A0 The system=C2=A0pipe is a home made stainles=
s steel pipe with a mating flange added and it was trouble fitting it due t=
o my using a saddle=C2=A0clamp=C2=A0in the past and now using a Mikalor cla=
mp.=C2=A0 Eventually everything went together ok.=C2=A0 Still, at some poin=
t in the future I think I&#39;ll buy some new stainless steel tube and make=
 a new system pipe.=C2=A0 Or maybe I&#39;ll get some Ti or inconconel tube,=
div><div>I adjusted the back brakes ready for an MOT that&#39;s still not h=
appening, a few weeks back and one of the nuts fastening the drum (car has =
wire wheels) didn&#39;t go on that well and while I used a new nut it looke=
d like the stud threads were damaged.=C2=A0 I didn&#39;t like the look of a=
ny of the theads on the studs and not sure if I&#39;ve over tightened them =
in the past or had a rogue nut going from stud to stud over time.=C2=A0 I d=
ecided to replace all 4 (but purchased 5 studs).=C2=A0 The hub is a double =
bearing and I think the studs were new when I made the swap from single bea=
ring hubs (18+ years ago).=C2=A0 The hub nut came off ok using the very rar=
ely used and correct size Snap-on socket and a breaker bar.=C2=A0 The studs=
 took a bit of persuasion and if the threads weren&#39;t already rubbish, c=
ould have been re-used.=C2=A0 The new studs took a bit of persuasion to go =
in but did eventually.=C2=A0 Everything went back together ok and I even ha=
te was last driven or I drove (its my only car) and everything felt good.=
=C2=A0 My new mirror bracket (same as the other one but sticks out further)=
 seems ok but the mirror pointed down a bit.=C2=A0 Ran the car to one ten w=
ithout trying to hard (it does one ten almost by accident) but didn&#39;t w=
ant to go any quicker on a test drive and have the exhaust fall off or anyt=
39;s necessary drive in the wet (had to go to a funeral) finally washed off=
 and put in the garage and adjusted the mirror.=C2=A0 &#39;Course the handb=
rake isn&#39;t quite right now and I&#39;ll adjust that in a week or so&#39=

--00000000000086544605a5dde29c--

--===============1705104924242128481==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============1705104924242128481==--