Re: [Spridgets] Fender Flares

To: "John Caffrey" <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fender Flares
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:42:20 -0500
>   ... Wasted my lunch hour
>   searching, but did learn that in Japan they call the Z cars Fairladys.
>   Of  course  I was thinking of the import we called the 1600cc & 2000cc
>   Fairlady Roadster.

As a matter of fact, John, Datsun/Nissan sportscars have ALL been named
"Fairlady" in Japan, right up to the 350Z (or whatever the new one is). It
seems that the head of Datsun/Nissan was given a tour of the American auto
industry to impress him with our power and skill, etc. This was at the time
that the musical "My Fair Lady" was playing on Broadway, so tat was a part
of the wining and dining. He loved it so much that he named the new sports
car being designed the "Fairlady".
David Lieb