LBC Content!!! LBC Content!!!

To: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC Content!!! LBC Content!!!
From: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:50:00 -0500
I have finally gotten the brakes on the '72 Mini bled.

For those of youse that remember from my previous posts, I could not get the
air out of the system.   We ran over a gallon of fluid through that little
bugger, pressure bled it, gravity bled it, removed the vacuum booster.  And
there were NO fluid leaks anywhere.  A mystery.

Then as we were bleeding the rears for about the thousanth time, I happen to
grab the drum to pull myself up....it turned while my buddy was pushing on the
pedal.  Hmmmmmm......turns out the wheel cyl was frozen solid....on the other
side one of the pistons was stuck.  New cylinders.....a quick six pump bleed
and BANG!!!!  A great pedal.

Now why would frozen pistons in wheel cylinders keep air trapped?

Geoff Branch