RE: Global Warming, Greenhouse Gasses, etc. NO LBC

To: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Global Warming, Greenhouse Gasses, etc. NO LBC
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:51:20 -0800
Derf, et al,

While it may be that a volcano erupting produces slightly more greenhouse
gasses than. say, a Ford Exploder, there is little we can do about the
volcano.  Additionally, destruction of the ozone layer is a recent
(post-industrial) phenomenon.  No one wotrth listening to doubts that global
warming is a fact, and that we (people) are a primary cause.  Some will
attempt to blame volcanos or cows (they emit more methane than _I forget
what it was,) But then consider that the cows are mostly livestock to feed
people.    The primary political agenda in effect in the US today is
economic.  No politician from either side of the aisle is willing to vote
for anything that might cost one American job.
You and I will most likely not be around to see the verdict on global
warming and greenhouse gasses, but I'm betting your grandchildren (I will
have none) wiill be mad as hell at the selfish manner in which our
generation had naive confidence that someone else was going to find a
solution and that, therefore, we didn't really need to take the first step
towards a solution.

Hal

-