vac needed.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: vac needed.
From: BCAH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:40:15 EST
I was looking at a few dizzys at a swap meet and got to wondering about the
vac advance.When no one was looking , I tried to suck on the line to check out
 the advance. Nothing happened. I talked to a fellow who used to wrench on
Brit  cars and he said that there was no way I could pull enough vac that way.
later  used my "mighty vac" and saw the advance work OK. Later, I was working
with a  friend on his MGB and he tried this test. With little effort, he was
able to  make the advance work. What gives? Were my swap meet units just too
sticky or  what?-----------Bob C