Re: speedo cable and oil leak

To: BCAH@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speedo cable and oil leak
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:16:48 -0500
Bob,
         Yes you can drive without cable and not loose oil. It's good
she caught the inner cable length problem. Some cars use a washer to
distance the inner end from the speedo a little. If the inner cable
bottoms out or pushes on the speedo guts, the needle gets bouncy and
the bearing wears quickly. Better more play than too tight.
         Peter C
==