SU carb rebuild with Pictures

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU carb rebuild with Pictures
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:55:09 -0500
Frank,

While you have been rebuilding 8 pair of carbs I have been working on just
one pair for the last two weeks.  I put all new parts in mine so it did cost
a little but not near as much as Curto or the Micropolish guy.   They are
from a 74 (?) and were a real mess, the shafts were about to fall out.
Peter C. fixed me up with new shafts and butterflies and a replacement for a
bent float bowl bolt.  I had a pair of AA needles that I put in it, don't
know anything about them but they looked good on the chart.  I think a
little richer than the stock 74 needles.  I have capped off the fuel return
line ports with a rubber plug, will that cause a problem?  I aslo found a SS
heat shield on eBay, it looks shiny!!!

Pictures here:  http://www.nashvilletn.org/PIX/SUHS2FRONT.jpg

And here:  http://www.nashvilletn.org/PIX/SUHS2TOP.jpg

Mark