Re: Gas cap

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Gas cap
From: "Bob" <rcampion@usadatanet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:12:29 -0400
I'll check them out too, because I may need to try some before I find the
style that fits this car.  The only thing is, I am not looking for a
conquers car, but would like to use used parts from original sprites where
possible, sort of the way buster wants his car.  I don't expect to enter
into a contest, just want a lot of "real" Healy parts.
While I've got you Frank, at the PA Rally you gave me some pointers on
looking at the wiper slowness I have.  Well, today I pulled the steering
wheel and 3 nuts off the dash.  I can see back to the mechanisms, and wonder
what you would suggest spraying in there to make sure they run easily.  They
look very dry, but not rusted.  I also pulled the wiper motor.  Going back
to my younger years I remember replacing/setting carbon points on motors.
Is this something usually done on these?  Would that be a possible source of
my slowness?  Without the hookup to the wiper blades, the motor seems to
turn freely ( I had the cover off, and the spline disconnected).  Any
thoughts as to spray lube at the blade wheelboxes?  All tidbits gratefully
received from everyone.
Thanks
Bob Campion
Vernon, NY