RE: Rear hub info needed

To: "Jon Paschke" <jpaschke@bak.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Rear hub info needed
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:52:15 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-spridgets@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Jon Paschke
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:37 AM
To: Spridgets

Hal
Sounds like the outer race is sliding in the hub, all the tightening in the
world won't fix that. You need a new hub or you can try gluing it or
knurling it.
Jon

Jon et al,

I don't think that is the case.  The other side was loose in the hub, but I
replaced that with a NOS hub/bearing that just happened to appear on eBay at
the right time.  The bearing on this side is new and my machinist didn't say
anything to me about it being a poor fit.  It certainly was not as loose a
fit as it appears to be on the axle.  I will get some of that locktite stuff
that was suggested to me and see if I can't get it to draw into the
hub/bearing with capilary action, however.

Hal