RE: Beck Porschelica and final Re: Critter removal from LBC

To: nase@ptd.net, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Beck Porschelica and final Re: Critter removal from LBC
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:06:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net> wrote:
> What did Force have to say to that.  I'll bet it was
> funny.

I was in an extremely crowded restaurant (Wood Ranch)
with a lady coworker in Yorba Linda, CA, which is
where his home and shop are.  There were no tables and
an hour wait, so we tried to sit at the bar.  No room
or tables there, but John was sitting at a 2 person
table alone.  He offered his table, we declined, but
he insisted.  He went and bellied up to the bar, his
jacket had the world champion thing in HUGE letters on
the back.  I went to the bar to tell the bartender to
put his beer on my tab as a thanks for the table.  He
declined, this time I insisted, and asked whether he
earned the jacket or got it in the pro shop.  He
laughed and introduced himself.  We talked cars for a
minute, really interesting guy.  I told him I was
impressed he gave up the table, he seemed impressed
that I tab'd his beer without knowing who he was.
When I got back to the table, my coworker says "OH MY
GOD!  That's John Force!".  Now she tells me.
Apparently he's about the most recognizable person in
motorsports next to Danica.  With my interests, I'd
have done better picking Phil Hill out of the crowd.
The entire deal of him giving up the table and
tolerating my ignorance put him firmly in the "Good
Guy" column in my book.

Ron