Tuning problem again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning problem again
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:25:19 -0400
The 1275 runs great off idle and pulls real well until I get to 60mph.  I
used to be able to run to 80+ mph but now it misses (stumbling misfire) from
60 on up and 65-70 is all it's got.  In 4th uphill under load it feels like
I'm dragging an anchor.

I gapped the points once again, somehow they are closing a bit.  I am Sure I
had them tight this time.  I reset total advance to about 30 BTDC still not
running right.

I had a suggestion before from a lister that the elec fuel pump might be
bad.  However when I mash the throttle in 1st and 2nd it pulls great up to
5100 rpm or so where I chicken out and shift.  Idle is good so I think no
intake leaks.

Several weeks ago I had it running very well.  Then my idle went to hell.
After that I adjusted the valves to .012 and put in second set of new
points, condenser, rotor and cap.  Plugs are light tan and dry.

Any more suggestions, I'm stumped.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa