Re: Cluster parts

To: Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Cluster parts
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:27:50 -0700
Jim Rogers wrote:

>Maybe you can send a list of parts you already have (or things you may need,
>or lust for even!) to attendees.

Actually, I think I am in pretty good shape.  I have cleaned up those
parts that needed to be cleaned up, powdercoated those parts that
could/should be powdercoated, acid washed and zinc electrocoated nuts,
bolds, screws, and some small items, and purchased new parts that were
needed.  I am now in my on-going process of organizing and labeling them
in plastic bags and/or boxes.

The car came back from the Maaco shop in Stanton and is great.  At
first, they worked with a formula supplied by DuPont.  Not satisfied,
they began with information supplied by Frank, and then mixing up two or
three small batches to compare with the "virgin" paint below the tail light.

Tomorrow I take the upholstery shop the  seat kits, newly cut out
interior panels, and some close to original vinyl .  I will wait until
after the BusterCluster to have the carpets put in (the original rubber
mats were too far gone to restore on short notice and will be a
long-term project).  Later in the week, I will run over to Long Beach to
pay for some 520x13 tires from the Coker Tire seller.  I will just have
them remove the old tires, clean and repaint the rims before I have them
mount the new tires.

I have tried doing some non-physically threatening work putting simple
things back together.  A few minutes ago, I bent over a few minutes
putting the gearbox remote control cover back on.  When I tried to stand
up straight, my back told me how incredibly stupid I had been.  Then,
Pam told me the same thing.  But I gotta do some of these things!

Buster