Re: Controversy over Ottawa Pileup

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Controversy over Ottawa Pileup
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:36:55 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hell...

....we've worked with both aircraft voice/
flight recorders for years. They make for a more safe world "out there". When
your
performance is recorded, you're gonna have a tendency to be on your
best behaviour and FOCUS on what the
hell you're doing in view of what's going
on "out there" and in this context, realize the folly of "splitting up your
brain" formulating cogent ideas and words to express them ala "small talk" with
your passengers/cellphone mate, while driving.

However, you'll still be able to smoke a cigarette, eat your burger and sip your
coffee (no "conscious thought" involved...
almost like using a different part of the brain) assuming your intelligent
enough to prioritize their importance in the event of an "event".

Driving is way more dangerous than commercial flying in terms of "exposure"
to accident.

Of course, when it comes to tort law, our
insurance company(s) will argue they have the right to use whatever means are
available to settle claims as fairly and squarely as possible......and
considering they're footing the bill.....?

I don't think we have a "civil right" to
blow their money by behaving less than responsibly behind the wheel. I think
they
"got us" on this one. Should be a boone
to the "old car" market (no emissions OR
recorder equipment required!:).

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)