Re: A newbie looking for advice

To: "David R. Steindorf" <dsteindo@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: A newbie looking for advice
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:55:45 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets News <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,
What Frank said and...
By the email address, "nycap.rr" you are near the
Albany capital region?  There used to be a place
called Consignment Motors in Albany, not in the best
part of town.  The proprietor's name was Lester
Figarky, for some reason it sticks in my mind.  I have
recently seen his name selling stuff in MG classifieds
- he had 20 years experience in fixing these things 20
years ago when I was a college student there.  Look
him up, see if he's still around.

As far as the car itself, I have one I have been
hemming and hawing over selling for a year or two. It
is NOT for sale at the moment, nor has it actually
ever been under my watch; For some reason I just have
been enjoying a very plain old motorcycle in recent
years more often than the Bugeye, plus the Bugeye race
car scratches very many itches.  Not having to wring
every last cent out of it, I have had people offer
anywhere from $9K to $15K for it;  I believe the
people offering $15K would probably offer around $12K
when it got down to brass tacks, so Frank's assessment
is about right (as usual).

Soave