Re: California Curiosity

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: California Curiosity
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:48:02 -0800
Hi Tim

Likely isn't the cancer in a can thing here, but the valve stem need some
vertical flutes on them so it won't seal the valve stem hole and prevent th
proper inflation of the tube inside the tire.  The tube will likely have
some small ridges on it so the air can escape.  If you know what you're
doing, there shouldn't be a problem with steel wheels.

Now!  If it's for wire wheels with spokes, they sort of leak air through all
the spoke nipple holes, even with a spoke nipple protector in place!  Wonder
what the Calif. regs say about spoked wheels?!

Best, Paul A