re: What diametter for my exhaust system (1500cc engine)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: What diametter for my exhaust system (1500cc engine)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:35:58 -0500
per Cyrille...
>>What diametter for my exhaust system (1500cc engine)

  Hi Cyrille,
  For a street car I'd go with 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 inch.
  I had a stock Datsun 510 with a 1600cc OHC engine and 1-7/8" made a great
improvement in low-mid-range torque immediately.
  According to "The Bible" for 510 guys at the time 2" was very borderline for
less than a heavily tuned street engine.
  With the Midget's engine being slightly smaller and with pushrods I can't see
any reason to go bigger.
  Ed in NC
  Happy Day After SAINT Valentine's Day to Everyone! :-)