Re: Way, way, way off topic

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Way, way, way off topic
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:49:15 -0800
Cc: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry Daniels wrote:

>rather why it took so long for that podunk Sheriff to investigate it.

First, let's get it straight.  Even the doctor who first treated
Whittington said that the wounds were superficial and "not in need of
hospitalization."  It was only because those in Cheney's party insisted
upon it that he was hospitalized.

Now, c'mon Larry, give 'em a break.  There are only 407 human beings
living in all of Kenedy County, and besides Sherrif Ramiro Medellin,
there are only four "constables" at assorted county crossroads.  Face
it, there were more law enforcement officers in the hunting party than
there were in all of the county.

>That is ridiculously outrageous police procedure.  Anytime there is a
>potential for a crime having been committed, they should have started an
>immediate investigation.

Again, I think folks are listening too much to the wails and hollers of
the national media who will always be quick to make "big" of an
non-story.  That is hunting country, and accidents like that happen all
the time.

>If Cheney's advisors had a brain in their head they would have insisted on an
>immediate investigation.

By whom?

The fact of the matter is that it was really a non-story.  The media,
like the minority party, is just so consumed by hit hatred of the
sitting president that they will quite willingly ignore the fundamentals
of journalism.