Modern auto supplys

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Modern auto supplys
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:03:36 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:
 > And you SHOULD have crushed his pointy head. It's gettin' so
> stupid out there. :(

You know, 20 years ago I said we were raising a country full of idiots.
I was right. Nobody can think anymore. If the computer doesn't say go
wipe your @$$, these kids won't. If what you own is not in a computer,
you are SOL.
Tonight I ran into an old friend, he told me he is opening up an auto
parts store a few towns south as a retirement job with another retired
OF. I said what about the chinese parts chains competition?
He said THAT"S WHY I AM OPENING UP AN AUTO PARTS STORE! They don't sell
real parts and us older guys don't buy the crap the chains are forcing
us to buy.
He wants to cater to the restoration, muscle car crowd. Real parts for
metal cars. So I said I guess me and my MGs are stuck with the chink
boys? He told me he would go to the shelves to see if there was
something that could be used for my MG. So if I go there and ask for a
chevy V8 wire set (2 wire sets for Spridgets) I wouldn't have to give
him a year, model, and engine size? He said That's WHY I am opening up a
shop. He is going to stock a little square electric fuel pump too. He
said, everybody uses one of them when there mechanical pump quits. It's
the old standby. I told him to try and buy one at Autozone.
He closes on it tomorrow. I hope he does well.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ