Re: Master Cylinder and Caliper Rebuild ?

To: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder and Caliper Rebuild ?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:09:41 -0800
Hi Bert,

I'll tackle the Caliper question, leaving the Apple sore point to others!!

Yes, the original pistons had that relief, but the literature says the
center of the of the relief portion should be oriented to the bleeder screw,
not centered at the bottom.  Because I do a lot of these for Morrises, I
orient these to the plug as the Morris runs the calipers "backwards" as they
are mounted in front of the spindle.  Gotta keep the bleeder at the top as
"air don't sink!"

All the new pistons I get do NOT have the relief cut on them.  I've used a
lot of them and have had no problems with noise or any issue at all with
them.  The black platings isn't as pretty as chrome!!

Best, Paul A