My recent trip & fellow list members

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Ed's Spridget" <ASSn@justbrits.com>
Subject: My recent trip & fellow list members
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:45:51 -0800 (PST)
My recent trip to Virginia was sincerely rewarding.  I had the opportunity to
meet with two fellow list members; Lin Rose in person and Bob Magnotti over the
phone.

  Spoke with Bob on the phone for quite some time.  He offered a ride on the
Blue Ridge Parkway, a legendary car guy route in the beautiful mountains of
Virginia.  Unfortunately (for me), we were a couple hours apart and lining up
transportation appeared elusive.  Next time Bob.  By the way, not only is Bob
into Spridgets, he also has one of those fiberglass bodied cars, incorporated
wooden frame and small, high output engine. Know what it is???  Think M.

  I always find it interesting when talking with people, how many of us make
dramatic changes in our life as we mature.  Bob shared with me that he had
been in the medical profession, (hospital level) but wanted something different
out of life for he and his family.  Bob left a very secure position in a large
city, bought some acreage and opened a small-engine repair shop (something he
had never done).  He found more happiness and contentment than he thought
possible.  I believe Bob has figured out a way to write off all those tools and
pieces of equipment most of us dream of having in our garages and live a more
rewarding life at the same time.  Way to go Bob!  I truly look forward to
meeting Bob in person, perhaps during my next visit.

  Having lunch with Lin was a palatable experience, especially since we dined
where one of my daughters was manager.  Lin has the most demanding position in
higher education at the university level.  A job in which I personally could
not retain my sanity or temper, what with having to deal with so many factions
within his environment and locally where citizen intervention runs high.

  After an efficacious meal and social intercourse, we were off to Lin's estate
to view his Bugeye.  I swear his engine compartment could have been that of a
concours car; perfectionist comes to mind.  Although the car was on jack
stands, the Minilites were shined and ready to go.  Lin had just finished
recovering the dash and had yet to mount the gauges.  He was getting the car
ready for spring, making sure everything was reliable and ready to roll!

  Next Lin drove me to and introduced me to the gentleman that is restoring his
BT7.  You know the type of personmeticulous, fastidious, anal-retentive
perfectionist that does only a couple cars at a time.  Leave your car, phone
number and credit card and NEVER ask when the love-of-your-life will be
finished.  Besides a full restoration, Lin is having aluminum fenders
installed.  No doubt, Lin will be proud of his latest acquisition.  I look
forward to seeing this car on the road, and maybe even seeing how the seats
feel as we traverse a few of those incredible back roads Virginia is known for.

  WFO Herb
  Grants Pass, Oregon
  Keep the sticky side down!

 PhotoMail  - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.