Engine rebuild news

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine rebuild news
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:58:10 -0700
Cc: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com> FILETIME=[D48A4A80:01C62769] k11K0nga012441
Hello,

So, here is an update on my engine rebuild.

I rebuild the trany without much issues:
- I still have a front seal in my part bin, and nowhere to place it in
the trany! Was the seal added on later models (post 78?)
- the layshaft sent to me by Victoria British was to big (in diametter,
by 10 mil or so) and did not fit, so I re-used the old layshaft which
seemed to be in good condition.

The short block rebuild is also not gooing to bad:
- I have the crank and cam in place, and the timing set (hopefully
right)
- it feels good to work in clean rather than old crudy oil!
- the flyweel and front poulie were so much out of wack that the machine
shop could hardly beleive it!
- I ordered the wrong con rod bearing set, so I need to wait to get the
right ones :-(
- everything seems to turn fine (but a little bit stiff, mainly due to
the vast amount of sticky lube and rings on the pistons)

The head has been welded back together, it was not 1 but 5!!! Cracks!
This might explain some of the issues that I was having! I should get it
back next week

So, I am axpecting to get the car started sometime late in february!
Youhou!

Cyrille