Machine shop chatter

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Machine shop chatter
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:38:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I stopped by my favorite machine shop to check on a little head.
I stopped in in the middle of a conversation with the machinist and a Chevy engine customer who was NOT a happy camper.
Seems his Chebby 350 was made in Mexico, different casting of the block, he shows me.
59,000 miles on it and the cam, rod, and mains were shot.
Knocking real bad.
He says when the engine is rebuilt and back in his truck, he is buying a Nissan and pushing the chebby off the bridge with his new Nissan.
He went on to say that GM is setting up production plants in china where they will be making engines.
He said the mexican motors are crap, can you imagine the quality of the chinese motors?
Oh yeah, I just can't wait for my new chinese made MG ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Building the American dream

Your messages not reaching the list?