[FOT] Helmet inspection

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Helmet inspection
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:25:16 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
It was a year ago or so that I purchased a HANS device.  The vendors said that
they were certified installers.  So, I brought my helmet and such to them.
Whereupon they inspected my helmet closer than I had.  There appeared to be a
very small line just above the face shield that for all intents looked just
like a scratch.  I didn't see it until he showed it to me.  Even then we used a
magnifying glass.  Sure enough the helmet was cracked.  He would not install
the Hans device until I got a new helmet.  Fortunately, I already had a brand
new in the box SA2000 with me.  I kept hoping that I didn't have to use this
helmet right away.  I suppose this is TR mentality just ---use the parts until
they are really used up and useles..

The point is that here I was spending a large chunck of change on this HANS
device and not inspecting my helmet enough to realize that it was trash.  Thank
goodness for young eyes.

md

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html