Re: New Midget conv top

To: tequila.brad@gmail.com, mchauck@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: New Midget conv top
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:58:57 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:24:57 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
tequila.brad@gmail.com writes:

They  generally are very tight when first installed. If you install it
loose, and  you hit your first warm spell, it will flap like a loose
sail in the wind.  If you don't need to put it on right away, you may
want to wait for a warm  day, or find a warm garage, to put it on in.
Once it is one, leave it up as  long as you can, to allow it to stretch
and  set.

Not to be contrary Bradster....you know I'd never do that, but the  last top
I installed, I put on tight, and instead of getting looser on a warm  (110
degree days in the summer) day, it proceeded to shrink?  By the time I  took it
off three or four years later, it was pulling at the snaps and a real  bear to
latch closed.

I'll be installing my new top this winter and doing it loosely.  I  figure I
can always rip it off and make it tighter, but sewing in a patch to  make it
loose would look like caca.

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT

Deck us all with Boston Charlie, Walla Walla, Wash, and  Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley, Swaller dollar cauliflower  Alleygaroo!
Don't we know archaic barrel, Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou.
Trolley Molly don't love Harold, Boola Boola Pensacoola  Hullabaloo!