Re: charity ralley in Wi.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: charity ralley in Wi.
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:45:45 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> I drove the Bug on a very long trip, with the rain coming down so hard,
> that you couldnt see the road in front of me. I had the hardtop on, and
> the
> fella following said he could only drive by following the ht..

As "the fella following", I can attest that if his Sprite's hardtop had not
been white I would not have been able to see him from half the length of a
semi trailer! It took a couple of weeks to dry out my Midget to the point of
getting everything to work again. And he HAD to keep passing semis!!! I kept
saying "NO, don't pass that semi" and he kept going around them ;-). I was
drownded by the time we pulled over in a friendly gas station to fill up the
tank and put my top up.

I know all about the myth of going faster to keep the rain out, but there
are terminal velocities involved  as well as state troupers and visibility
issues.
David Lieb