woodworking help please..

To: "turbo@ifound.com (E-mail)" <turbo@ifound.com>, vSAAB (YahooGroups) <vSAAB@yahoogroups.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: woodworking help please..
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:29:26 -0500
Ok, so I got the high dollar interior for the bugeye.  Those fine
folks, Heritage, sent no instructions.  When asked for them I was told,
"Interior restoration is a craft, we can't give out instructions" even
though their website said that I would have access to professionals or
some such.  Anyway, when i asked if I needed to keep these woos strips
in the seat backs i was told "Nope, ya don't need 'em".  I had the seat
backs blasted and powdercoated.  I finally received some pictures, out
of order, that shoed the basics of installing the seat cover.  It
showed, of course, stapling the seat cover down.  ARRGGHHHH!!

        So now I have two pieces of wood that I am going to trim to the right
shape, I think, but i need to know what procedure to follow to allow me
to bend it to the shape of the seat.  I think that it involves soaking
in water and clamping it to shape but I would gladly defer to the
pros!!

Lester

Thanks all!!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: