PA Rally

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: PA Rally
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:02:58 EDT
Hi everyone!   Paula and I just returned home from the PA Rally in Tamaqua,
PA, hosted very capably and graciously by Kevin and Kathy Valentine and son
Rob.  What a wonderful event, and what a wonderful time was had by all!  Paula
and I received the certificate for having driven the furthest to attend, but we
made a mini-vacation out of the trip, stopping two nights on the way up and
two nights on the way back.  We visited a couple of wineries and bolstered our
meager "wine cellar".  We had some time problems just prior to the event, as
well as transport problems for the Midget, so we drove our Monte Carlo up and
in
the Rally. (We drove a "Monte Caro" home--a statement that some of the Rally
goers will understand--lol).

THANK YOU, Kevin, Kathy, and Rob, for a fabulous weekend.  You know, if it
was just the Rally, maybe we would think twice or thrice about driving all the
way up there.  But it is more than the Rally!  It is the Valentine family.  It
is the group of great, great guys and gals who gather for the entire weekend
of events surrounding the cars, food, and Yuengling Beer (which I just HAD to
buy a case of to bring home).  It is hte grouping of a great and beautiful
bunch of cars.  It is the beauty of the area through which the Rally is
planned.
It is the unique creativity with which Rob builds the Rally each year.   It is
the openness and amiability of everyone involved and the gathering of now old
friends.

This is the 5th straight year that Kevin, Kathy, and Rob have hosted the
affair out of their home for our group.  Paula and I attend the first, the
third,
and this year's event, the 5th.  I must say the Rally has gotten better and
better, and like some of the already posted letters indicated, good weather has
graced all of the Rallies.  But this year, we not only had sunshine and great
temperatures, but the humidity was very reasonable.

If you live anywhere closer than we do (600-700 miles), you are discrediting
yourself by not showing up for this great event.  We plan to make it next
year, if at all possible.  And we hope to see you there!

A hearty THANK YOU, again, Kevin, Kathy, and Rob!  And THANK YOU Ed
(Justbrits) for helping to make this event possible for us all through your
generous
contribution of prizes!

--David C.