chico show

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: chico show
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:11:38 -0700
Chico was a good show.  Jags: Several E-types, an XJS or two, a couple of 120s
and a 150, a Mk.I as well as a highly modified pimpmobile that was once a
150??  A midget or two, a box Sprite or two, three or four bugeyes, mostly
original, and one that could keep the Jag pimpmobile company.  Giant flares,
Toyota motor, greem metalflake paint with a huge evil frog character painted
on the boot.  My camera refused to capture the image.

One or two Morris Minor sedans, two Travellers, a Morris panel van and a
pickup, a MG Magnette, multiple MGBs, one MGA, two Metros, a couple of
Hillmans(Hillmen?),  a wide variety of various tractors, oops, I meant
Triumphs.  A couple of Rolls ( including the "Rockin Rolls", a slammed hotrod
with a V8 and mucho custom stuff), a Riley Elf, sevaral Minis(old), an AC that
looked great.

And, of course, one lonely little A35 Austin, sitting in the sun dripping its
syntheitc blood on the parched grass of Chico.  The judges foolishly chose
beautiful paint and exquisite interiors over the honest simplicity of the
little cream colored garage-painted putt-putt.  Go figure.  Driving it 60
miles home in the heat of the afternoon was a real thrill.  52MPH in the slow
lane with one eye glued to the temp guage and one eye on the road shoulder I
was hugging. At least the 'cute' factor kept the speeding multitudes from
flipping me off as they roared by.  Next year I'm bringing the turbo bugeye
and NOBODY will pass me on the way home!

Glen