Re: Names for cars

To: "J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Names for cars
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 00:18:13 -0500
Cc: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Would any of you be willing to describe what your inspiration was for
your particular car name?

Ours should be obvious and they seem to have named themselves. I bought
a 1960 BT7 3000 about 25 years ago for $200. Broken in half at the
firewall from rust, we brought it home in bags and boxes. Anytime I
worked on it or bought something for it I kept referring to them as
Healey bits I needed or was restoring. The car just became "Healey
Bits". Enter the Bugeye that we decided to build first because it was
more of a car when we hauled it home, you guessed it, in bags and boxes.
Glutton for punishment, I took 9 years working on the little bits of the
Bugeye, so it became "Little Bits". Now completed, I turned attention
back tot he 3000, realizing I'm not getting any younger, I had the
opportunity to by a pretty decent 1967 BJ8 3000 last summer. It has been
dubbed "Not in Bits" since it is a nice driver.

Dave & Bobbie
1967 AH 3000 "Not in Bits"
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix (See link below)
www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com