Bugsy had a great day today:)

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugsy had a great day today:)
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:35:24 -0800 (PST)
Weather in Dayton OH was fantastic today with sunny skies and temps 55-60.
Bugsy got out of the garage and took a 75 mile drive back and forth this
afternoon, sans top of course, to take a look at the local lake where I sail.
Bugsy ran like a top and the fresh fillup of 94 Octane Sunoco 260 had Bugsy
making some great sounds as we would through the gears on the back country
roads.

If I ever had and doubts about whether or not I did a good job rebuilding
Bugsy's brakes or that the winter had not taken its toll on seals, pads, or
whatever I found out today. Some S.O.B. in a little Chevy Pickup turned
directly in front of me as I was progressing 60-65 down the road. I'm certain
he didn't see me coming at all. I'm happy to report that Bugsy is indeed
capable of locking up all four wheels at 60+ and that I was indeed happy to
have lots of blue tire smoke come out from under the wheel wells rather than
T-Boning another car. Interesting smells when you lock up all four tires like
that, and not just from the smell of burning rubber. This one was close enough
that I had to go home and change my shorts.

Hey keep alert out there with these nice Spring days about to start happening.
Other folks you meet on the road aren't watching where they are going.

Come on Spring, I want more days like today.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH