Towing/trailering a bugeye

Subject: Towing/trailering a bugeye
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:38:30 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Morning all,

        I am about to pick up my very own '59 bugeye.  However, I have loaned
my 16 ft trailer to some fine folks to make a Mardi Gras float so I can
not use it.  I have 2 options, a tow dolly (2 wheels and the cars
wheels sit on it) or a small 10ft trailer.  My questions are, how much
does a Bugeye weigh, are there problems towing it with the rear wheels
on the ground (about 200 miles), will it fit on a 10 ft trailer, and
what things should I check before starting the Bugeye?  (Yes, I'll
check oil and gas, current owner says that he hasn't done anything to
the car, can't tell me if it has been converted to neg ground, etc.)

Thanks,

lester

.. oh yeah, what's that extra cylinder for???  More than three seems
like a waste ehh Chuck!!  ;-)