No LBC: new photos of Alpine

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC: new photos of Alpine
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:40:33 +1100
I took some new photos of my Alpine A310. Somehow
I even managed to find some angles that make the car look
attractive. I wouldn't believed it if I didn't see it with my
own eyes :-)

http://reality.sgiweb.org/mg/newtoy.html

I have just started a new competition engine for this puppy.
We're looking for about 260HP+. The factory Group 5 engine
put out 295HP, so I think a driveable 260 should be achievable.

My only problem now is getting competition tyres for the car.

With 15x8" & 15x10", my choices are really limited and with
the 150mm x 3 lug Renault lug pattern, my choice of wheels is
just as limited.

With the current wheels, my *only* choices are the BFG Comp T/A R1
or the Hoosier Street TD. I prefer the Yoko A032R or the Dunlop
Formula R. but I need 17" wheels for the 10" width in those tyres.
What are the BFG's like in the wet?

It seems that the only other way to get modern rubber is to get
some 16x8" wheels (available with the 150x3 lug pattern) for
both front and rear. It means I give up rear rubber from 255/45
to 225/50. With the engine hanging out behind the rear wheels,
that doesn't seem like a winning deal.

I guess I could replace the hubs/disks etc with the later model
100x4 lug pattern - that gives me 17" and 18" wheels and lots
of tyre choices. Then I have to give up my current wheels which
I *really* like and get 2 new sets of wheels (one set for the
street, one for the track). sigh.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Mike