Sprite oil leak

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite oil leak
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:38:38 -0500 FILETIME=[DDD5ACD0:01C3EE48]
Greetings.  I"m a new subscriber to the list and I'm looking for information
on how to stop an oil leak I have on my '67 Sprite.

The engine (1275) was recently rebuilt and I find I have a heavy oil leak from
the rear of the engine.  I've been told that this engine does not have a rear
main seal and that you have to live with some oil leakage.  I'm using about 1
quart every 200 miles and this seems excessive.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?  What options do I have to stop or
reduce the oil leak?

Thanks,
Mike Cheman
Severn, MD