Re: Flying with Cap'n Bob - maybe

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flying with Cap'n Bob - maybe
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:38:29 -0500
if you only knew how many people in car circles know each other not by name
but" the blue car from florida" or "the white one with a dent from
california" or similar descriptions?   by car circles i mean spridget owners
or porsche owners etc.    i bought a set of very difficult long discontinued
italian sport mirrors on ebay (your personal confusion comunity ?) last
fall.  i'm in pennsylvania, the seller is on lake okachobee(spelling?)
florida.  he is a VW specialty shop.  i called him to verify some features
of the mirrors.  we chatted a bit and discussed racing.  i described my saab
race car and he knew exactly wich car was mine...through a friend at a local
porsche specialty shop in florida he had heard about my car having run at
sebring last year.   i do not know either fellow but they knew my car!
this happens over and over.   so, what were the chances of traveling the
route bob flew and taking the company he was piloting for....and he having
been yer captain?  or knowing a business traveler who frequently traveled
that route that bob flew  on that exact plane...know whut i mean vern?
i was just in york pa delivering a load of cadmium plating.  i get a cell
call from a friend from charles city Va. ok?  i'm about half way back home
when he calls to tell me he is on route 30 in pennsylvania heading for york
pa!   we were traveling difrent directions paralell to each other !   we had
passed each other at some point where we were about less than 30 minutes
from each other!  of course we missed each other!   but how many times do we
cross each other's paths unknowingly?    over and over!

chuck
hey moe!  hey larry!  it's co-inkie-dental!  nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!
and now for something more serious!      :)