Forwarded: 77 Midget shell

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: 77 Midget shell
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 01:07:46 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than spridgets@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Jim Golden" <jlgolden@comcast.net>
     Subject: 77 Midget shell
     Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:14:36 -0800

If anyone is interested in a pretty good '77 shell, the Pick-A-Part on
Commercial Road  in San Jose, CA has one. It has been pretty well
stripped, but the body is virtually rust-free, and I only noticed dents
on the driver's fender, and the usual warped door jamb. The driver's
door is missing. I took the rear axle and leaf springs, but the front
suspension is intact, the engine and transmission are still in place,
and that's about it.

My first Midget was a '76, and while it suffered from smog equipment and
heavy bumpers, it had an amazingly stiff structure. It was never a
rattletrap, and simple lowering kits and a Frontline control arm/shock
kit brought its handling up to modern car levels. Having to keep it smog
legal meant it never had any power, but it wasn't as bad a car as people
make it out.

Anyway, I suspect it will be gone soon, so if anyone wants it, time is
running out.