More Wire Wheel Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: More Wire Wheel Questions
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:40:45 EST
OK Gang,

In my quest for a wider wire wheel, I have found Dayton makes a 13"x5.5"
center laced wire wheel.  I believe our stock wheels are bead laced?  Not a big
deal of difference I would think.

Now, their direct replcement 4.5" wheels, have a 3.5" back space.  The 5.5"
wheels have a 3" back space.  If my feeble mind is correct, that means an
additional 1.5" would be to the outside on the wider wheels.

I have a RWA Midget, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?  wrong?  maybe?

I will try and measure tonight, but does anyone know the back space on our
stock Dunlop wheels?

DAYTON won't promise fit.

Anyone have experience with Daytons?  Opinions?

RH
...those idiots at the NRA, not only do they think the second amendment gives
them the right to own guns, they think the first amendment gives them the
right to free speech!...unknown.