Re: Splitpin removal

To: "R. Glenn Cummins" <robert.g.cummins@ua.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Splitpin removal
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:25:00 -0600
Glenn,
If you are NOT saving the king pin, just run the nut over it. The split
pins are pretty soft, and almost always will not prevent you from reusing
the king pin, or the nut. Just trim the split pin short, which you may
already have done in the buggering. (can I say that?). Using an impact
works wonders doing this, but a long breaker bar will work, too.
         Peter C
==