Re: Bandwidth and replies*

To: mjb@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bandwidth and replies*
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:48:59 EST
In a message dated 12/14/02 10:25:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mjb@autox.team.net writes:
> And I do wonder how much of that traffic could be avoided.

Hey Mark:

I get duplicate posts from a lot of listers--maybe mine go out in duplicate
too.  If that could be avoided, my mail would decrease by a fair amount.  The
only thing I can surmise as to the reason is when we hit "Reply all" it must
send one copy to the list and one copy to the individual?  Maybe if we could
all check the "Send to" space at the top of the outgoing e-mail and eliminate
the post we don't need sent.  For instance, I just hit the "Reply All" button
for this post.  In the "Send to:" space it lists BOTH mjb@autox.team.net AND
spridgets@autox.team.net.  If I send it as is, it will show up TWICE in
Mark's mailbox.  But I am eliminating Mark's address, so it will only (I
hope) be sent to the list, and show up only once in Mark's mailbox.

And maybe that might help save volume and bandwidth.

--David C.