Re: Good Grief

Subject: Re: Good Grief
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:36:46 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
>  We have here, a group of 2/300
> people who enjoy talking about little British cars, and keep a steady rapport
> going.
> LBC traffic gets slow around Christmas in the northern hemisphere.  There is
> ice and snow over a good portion of the country, and it is unconfortable to
> play with our cars.  Other subjects just naturally take over.
>   we want some fun--whether it is a new baby, breaking 300 pounds
> for the first time in years, or whatever.
> My fear is that you will prefer to keep the less popular, more easily
> controlled, and less active all-technical list.  And you are ultimately the
> boss.  Like I said, if that happens, I will miss the folks on this list.  I
> don't plan to make a move to the new one unless it becomes more personal.

Well said, Annice. I love my car, and am proud of the fact that I have done most
of the work on her myself. I have grown to "know" a number of the people on this
list and consider them friends even though we may not have met. Like any group
of
friends, we have diverse interests, held together by our mutual love of
recalcitrant British sports cars. Part of the charm of this list is the
occasional
banter that takes place, just as it no doubt would if we were talking in
person. I
hope the list does not change substantially, as I know I would miss the
camaraderie, although I would probably drop in now & then when I have a question
that I need answered.
Kate