no LBC... Any volvo guys out there?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: no LBC... Any volvo guys out there?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:49:52 -0800
Hey you guys...

Well, haven't even had a chance to look at the stuck valve on the midget
(there's a little spridget content), and what happens???  Driving down the
road in my 86 volvo 740 wagon, a nasty, sort of like insulation, sort of
like grease burning smell starts coming through the vents. Pull over.. cant
find ANYTHING.. get it back on the road and notice the speedometer/odometer
no longer work. Now.. never having a bad speedo cable make such a horrible,
nasty, ugly smell, I am wondering whether a gear in the speedo itself froze
up...??? hmmm.. Anyone have any experience with volvos that may be of
assistance here?

Thanks... and thanks to all the people that responded to my stuck valve
prob, too.. someday I'll get back to it...

Will
Bellevue, Wa