any suggestions?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: any suggestions?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:25:12 -0700
Cc: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net
When leaving Palo Alto a couple weeks ago in my Morris, I was suddenly in
need of adjusting my clutch ( I do mean suddenly, one minute it was fine,
next it was hard to get into gear after shutting off the engine for a
couple minutes).

Well, it helped some, but after driving the Morris today, I don't think
it's the clutch. I'm  sure I have adequate travel in the pedal (this is
mechanical linkage, not hydraulic), but it is getting very hard to get into
any gear from a standstill. It feel like the first motion shaft is spinning
too fast to get it into gear and anly after trying several position will it
spin down enough to work. I know the gearbox is in great shape because I
inspected all the synchos, and the gaps were just like a new box. This
truck doesn't get driven much and the Palo Alto run was the first one that
was more than around the neighborhood, and the first freeway run.  The only
things I can think of at the momnet are

A: the first motion shaft is binding up on the pilot bush (a new one was
installed and lightly lubed)

or

B: something has gotten in between the friction disk and the
clutch/flywheel is causing too much drag. It doesn't make any funny noises
and the gearbox has alway been fine up until then. Even first is very
smooth and not your typically noisey affair.

Gerard