Roy Rogers' "The Buggah" is for sale

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Roy Rogers' "The Buggah" is for sale
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:22:27 EDT
Cc: MBran89793@aol.com
As you probably know, active lister Roy Rogers died in an automobile accident
about a year ago.  I had heard that this car might be on the market, but
didn't have enough information to post.  We received the following excerpt
last night and I obtained permission to post it to the list.  This is a case
of a man selling a good friend's car.  Marion Brantley (the contact) were
good friends and Roy attended meets together.  Marion is a respected member
of the Healey Community.

What Marion left out is that this is a driven and beautiful "palomino"
(slghtly darker than Old English White--nice color) Bugeye.  Rita has been
making regular "warm up" sessions with the car for the past year, since it
wasn't being driven.  I have e-mailed Marion for more detailed external
colors and accessories, which I will supply to you.  I haven't seen the car
for several years, and some details escape me.  It is in Florida.  I'd really
like to see this car in a good home--it is a treasure.

Annice
-------------
Marion's Note
Date:   Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:48:59 P.M.

Rita has decided to sell Roy's pride and joy the Buggah. Although Rita's son
(Roy's step-son) Rick Elliot had thought that he wanted to keep the car, he
had a change of mind. He came to realize that the car would need more
personal attention than he could allot. Rita and Rick would like to see the
car go to someone who know the history of the car and will give it the TLC
she deserves.

The Buggah had a ground up restoration, so to speak, back in 1980-1981 and
received a lots of improvements (Modifications).
(1) 1275cc engine
(2) Weber down draft carb and manifold
(3) Oil cooler
(4) Negative ground electrical system and Lucas sports coil
(5) Coolant recovery system with an MGB expansion tank
(6) Reinforced fiberglass bonnet with forward tilting conversion
(7) Additional instruments-Amp meter, clock, and map light
(8) Driving lights
(9) Brookland type racing screens
(10) Disc brakes
(11) Wire wheels and tries (NEW)
(12) Nissan 5 speed transmission conversion
(13) Seats from a 1965 Midget
(14) Luggage rack

The price is $9,500 firm.

Marion Brantley