Re: Update on Lost 1500 Head

To: david@vermonthardwoods.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update on Lost 1500 Head
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:52:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/02 3:34:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
david@vermonthardwoods.com writes:
> And why should the seller pay for it? That's what will happen if you
> successfully deny the credit card charge. He actually shipped the goods
> (apparantly) that put the charge your credit card.
>
> I'll be wildly surprised if you get anything other than the insured value
> of
> the package ($100 unless otherwise specified and paid for), unless they
> actually find the head.

I paid for insurance, but I don't know how much the seller put on the head. I
am of the attitude that if I pay for something and do not receive it, it is
between the seller and his chosen shipper. I would not have chosen FedEx in
the first place. I am protected to some degree by my credit card company, at
least that is the attitude I received from them. Also a head is what they
shipped, a head is what I should receive. But you are right--money is most
likely what they will eventually come up with, and not the head.

--David C.