Wiring Diagram -Who's got one handy?

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Diagram -Who's got one handy?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
Trying to sort out a problem with Turn Signals not
working on Bugsy my '68 Sprite. Flashers work fine but
trying to get turn signals to work yields zero
results.
Since the radio console was out of place / hanging on
by wires and I recovered the console with new vinyl I
need to make sure first of all that all wiring went
back to the correct places. Looking from the back side
of the Emergency Flasher Switch here is how the wiring
is connected:

Green/White                  Green /RED

                  Green/Brown

                    Green

                    Green

Now when I put everytihng back together I noticed
there is a Red(Brown)/White that appears to be a
ground wire that I don't have connected to anything.
However when I tried to connect to this wire for
grounding purposes it appears to connect to a relay or
some other circuit and I got a pulsing intermittent
ground. Any idea where this wire is supposed to go?

I checked connectivity and resistance on the Flasher
Switch. Doesn't not appear to be any corrosion /
resistance in the switch. I do know that this switch
typically is a prime culprit when the turn signals are
not working but it appears to be ok. The inline fuse
connencted to the flasher unit is ok and I'm assuming
this same fuse provides power for the turn signals.

Where is the flasher unit for the turn signals
located. Is it the same flasher that works the
emergency flasher signals? I would not think so but I
haven't located where the turn signal relay flasher
unit is in the car.

On another subject there are two inline fuse holders
located under the dash on the right side of the car.
Curious to know what these fuses are for. Fuses appear
to be ok and working.

Thanks for all of your help. Bugsy is all apart
waiting for a resolution on the turn signal problem
and he wants to go out driving on a nice Spring Day.
To all of you who responded to my fuel sender
question, it appears I've got a bad sender. I was able
to get a gas gauge out of a '73 Midget I'm told which
is supposed to match the gas tank/sender which the
P.O. believes came from a '74 Midget. The gauge looks
the same as the one I've got already and it has the
number 680 on a paper sticker affixed to the back.

P.O. did not indicate that he ever changed out the gas
gauge however when trying to remove old gauge it has a
small nut on the gauge instead of the traditional
knurled knob on the back of all of the other gauges
under my dash. Couldn't find a way to get off nut so
fortunately I tested "new gauge" by connecting wiring
before I lost even more skin on my hands. Same thing,
gauge now reads and shows that Bugsy is manufacturing
petroleum,. According to gauge I'll never run out of
gas. The short of this questions is what sort of meter
reading should I get across the gas gauge terminals on
a '73 Midget gas gauge. I need to make sure I've got
the correct gauge before I end up ordering a
tank/sender from Vicky or MOSS. I'm told it is not
safe to change out sender units on the locking ring
type gas tanks. something about sparks from pounding
on the tank to remove locking ring. KaBoom!!!

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://health.yahoo.com