Re: Slow cranking

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slow cranking
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:04:35 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/02 10:12:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> At that point I notice the smoke
> coming out of my starter!  Problem found.  Now if I can get another
> one before the weekend I will be a happy camper.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I had mine rebuilt by a small auto electrical shop in Jenkintown, PA.  It was
a bit expensive, but that guy knew EVERYTHING about his business.  He
explained to me that he has rebuilt a lot of Lucas starters because they are
used on tractors!  He has a nifty test bench that he restored.  It is all
wood with huge knife switches.  Probably made in the '30s, or else it was
part of the Frankenstein movie set.

Look for a rebuilder near you, or drive down to Jenkintown.  Let me know if
you want to visit.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget