Re: They're here!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: They're here!
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:45:18 -0500
Well, they ain't really "here."  Your cousin must have seen one that was
on its way somewhere else.  The New MINI won't be sold in Texas:(.  The
closest dealer will be in Louisiana.

I spoke to a local BMW dealer here about it.  He says that the Texas
dealers sued BMW over the X5 (BMW's SUV).  I'm not sure what the issue
was, but I think it was something to do with the way BMW was wanting them
to promote/sell it.  I believe that BMW wanted the dealers to set up a
separate dealership structure just to sell the X5 and the dealers didn't
want the added expense.  Since the MINI would entail a similar situation,
BMW won't let the Texas dealers have it.  Although it just sounds like
BMW is punishing them for daring to sue.

BTW, a friend of mine in Philadelphia drove the MINI Cooper S.  He says
it is absolutely killer.  He says the dealer is selling them at list and
that he put his money down on one.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD