Re: Compression ratio calculation

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@shaw.ca>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compression ratio calculation
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:19:07 -0400
No, you're not blind. I had the same questions, but since I'm not to the
stage where it matters I hadn't asked the question yet. I wonder if one of
the older editions has the info.

In the event the info is not available, you can figure it out yourself:

The gasket volume can be calculated the same way as the cylinder volume -
you just need to know the compressed thickness of the gasket you're going to
use.

The land volume could be calculated also - you can figure the area of the
cylinder minus the area of the piston and multiply that by the distance from
the top of the ring to the top of the piston.

HTH

<dnw>

1972 Midget
1998 Safari