Gas Prices

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <I-Race@yahoogroups.com>, <modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Gas Prices
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:37:43 -0500
Subject: Fw: Hartland People / Gas Prices

        > Over the past several days I have been receiving a lot of =
email
        > regarding the cost of a gallon of gasoline.  I have combined =
two and am
        > sending it to you.  Please take a moment to pass this along to =
your
        > family and friends and thank Gary Epley and Barbara (Thomas) =
Brown for
        > enlightening us.
        >
        > GASOLINE
        >
        >     Nothing is more frustrating to me than the feeling that =
every time I
        >    fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are =
trying to
        kill
        >    me, my family, and my friends. It turns out that oil =
companies import a
        >    lot of Middle Eastern oil and others do not import any. I =
thought it
        >    might be interesting for Americans to know which oil =
companies are the
        >    best to buy their gas from.
        >
        >     Here is the list: Top 5 companies that import Middle =
Eastern oil for
        >    the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01]. By the way, 86% of all Middle =
Eastern Oil
        >    comes from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
        >
        >         1. Shell: 206,742,000 barrels of oil.
        >         2. Chevron/Texaco: 144,332,000 barrels of oil.
        >         3. Exxon/Mobil: 130,082,000 barrels of oil.
        >         4. Marathon: 117,740,000 barrels of oil.
        >         5. BP Amoco: 62,231,000
        >
        >      If you do the math at $30 per barrel, these imports =
amount to about
        18
        >    billion. That's a lot of money.
        >
        >    The following large companies do not import much, if any, =
Middle
        Eastern
        >    Oil.
        >         1. Citgo: 0 barrels of oil.
        >         2. Sunoco: 0
        >         3. Conoco: 0
        >         4. Sinclair: 0
        >         5. Phillips: 0
        >
        >      All of this information is available from the Department =
of Energy
        and
        >    can be easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. =
are required
        >    state where they get their oil and how much they are =
importing. They
        >    report on a monthly basis.
        >
        >    You may want to keep this list in your car, share it with =
friends.

        >    Stop paying for terrorism
        >
        > high gasoline prices.   Regular in the Bolingbrook, Illinois =
area is
        > $1.56-9/10 to $1.59-9/10 per gallon as of 4-4-02.  I intend to =
do my
        > share.   Howie
        >
        >                 Let it not be said that I did not assist in =
this matter!
        :)

        >         I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by =
the summer.
        > Want gasoline prices to come down?   We need to take some
        > intelligent, united action.   Phillip Hollsworth, offered this =
good idea:

        >         This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on =
a certain
        > day" campaign that was going around last April or May!   The =
oil
        > companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't =
continue to
        > "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.   It was more of an
        > inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.   BUT,
        > whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can =
really
        > work. Please read it and join with us!
        >
        >         By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at =
about $1.50
        > is super cheap.  Me too!   It is currently $1.97 for regular =
unleaded in
        > my town in California.   Now that the oil companies and the =
OPEC nations
        > have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas =
is CHEAP
        > at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach =
them that
        > BUYERS control the marketplace - not sellers.  With the price =
of
        > gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to  take =
action.  The
        > only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if =
we hit
        > someone in the pocket book  WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
        >
        >         How?   Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just =
stop buying
        > gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act =
together to
        > force a price war.
        >
        > Here's the idea:
        >
        >         For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline =
from
        > The two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and =
MOBIL.   If
        > they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce =
their
        > prices.   If they reduce their prices, the other companies =
will have to
        > follow suit.   But to have an impact, we need to reach =
literally
        > millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.   It's really simple =
to do!
        > Now, don't wimp out on me at this point.   Keep reading and =
I'll explain
        > how simple it is to reach millions of people!   I am sending =
this note
        > to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten =
more (30
        > x 10 =3D 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten others =
(300 x 10 =3D
        > 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the =
sixth
        > generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION =
consumers!

        >         If those three million get excited and pass this on to =
ten
        > friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! =
  If it
        > goes one level further, you guessed  it - THREE HUNDRED =
MILLION
        > E-MAILS!   Of course many of the three hundred million e-mails =
will go
        > to back to people who already got the e-mail previously.  =
That's O.K.
        > The public will be speaking loud and clear with this boycott =
of the "big
        > guys".
        >

        >         Again, all YOU Have to do is send this to 10 people.   =
Then
        > follow through and buy your gas from any source except Exxon =
and
        > Mobil.   That's all.   Now if you don't understand how we can =
reach 300
        > million That's OK.   You don't have to be a mathematician.   I =
am, so
        > trust me on this one.)
        >

        >         How long would all this take?   If each of us sends =
this e-mail
        > out to ten other people within one day of receipt, all 300 =
MILLION
        > people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!  =
 I'll bet
        > you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?  =
Acting
        > together we CAN make a difference.
        >

        >         So join the crusade and pass this message to your =
friends.

        > PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM =
DOWN.   THIS
        > CAN REALLY WORK.   YOU KNOW THEY LOVE HOLIDAYS AND SUMMER =
TRAVELERS.

-
      Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

    =20
            =20
    =20